About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Friday, November 22, 2013

Without what???

"Do everything without complaining or arguing" Philippians 2:14 NIV

Well, I caught myself at it again this morning.  Why does complaining come so easily when I have so much to be grateful for?  It seems like such a tall order - "Do everything without complaining or arguing".  It sure can't be said more clearly than that!  I was brought to this idea back in October (see post here).  I used to be so judgmental of the Israelites for complaining to Moses all the time after the miracle of their deliverance, but I've been forced to see that I am no better.  And Paul makes it clear this is a serious issue (I Cor 10:10).  

I am so grateful for our Thanksgiving Holiday because it serves as a reminder to me of what is best for me to focus on.  Thankfulness and gratitude serve me much better than complaints ever could!  And complaints are evidence that I don't fully trust that my Heavenly Father is indeed keeping "everything running right" (Ps 119:164), and that He is ensuring that "all things work together for good" (Rom 8:28). I KNOW God can be trusted, so this morning once again I choose gratitude and trust.

Father, I AM grateful.  I DO know that all things work together for good as you have said!  Please forgive my complaints and create in me that clean heart that is so filled with love and gratitude that there is no room for anything else.  You have given me so many blessings!  As I've seen so many of my dance friends struggle with injuries, I have been reminded of the healing you have so generously given as I remember my own struggles with injuries in the past.  As I've paused to think about those people who have been a blessing in my life this year, I've been reminded of how grateful I am to be surrounded with the friends you've given.  I can remember a time when I felt that I had no friends.  Father, the list goes on and on.  You are so generous and have given me so much.  You've shown me over and over that your timing is best and that you indeed "keep everything running right".  Forgive me for forgetting that!  Please renew that right spirit within me that I may live immersed in an attitude of gratitude.  Thank you, Father, for all your gifts to me this day and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *