About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Thank You, Father!

On this day when we honor our fathers, I find myself encouraged to remember my Heavenly Father.  There are many verses that speak of God as our Heavenly Father.  This is one of them:
"But Lord, you are our father. We are like clay, and you are the potter; your hands made us all." (Isaiah 64:8 NCV)
And here's another:
"The Lord has mercy on those who respect him, as a father has mercy on his children.  He  knows how we were made; he remembers that we are dust.  Human life is like grass; we grow like a flower in the field.  After the wind blows, the flower is gone, and there is no sign of where it was.  But the Lord's love for those who respect him continues forever and ever, and his goodness continues to their grandchildren" (Psalms 103:13-17 NCV)
Father, I am so grateful for this promise.  Just as we do, sometimes our children make choices that do not honor you.  I am so grateful for this promise that extends not just to me but to my progeny as well!  I remember another verse you gave me:
"For I will contend with him who contends with you, And I will save your children." (Isaiah 49:25 NKJV)
Thank you, my Heavenly Father, for your many blessings and promises to me!  Thank you for your mercy and understanding. And thank you for your amazing love! May I be an open channel of that love - today and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *