About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Praise God!

This morning I am thinking a lot about these words from Isaiah:
For my people will live as long as trees, and my chosen ones will have time to enjoy their hard-won gains. They will not work in vain, and their children will not be doomed to misfortune. For they are people blessed by the Lord, and their children, too, will be blessed. I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers! (Isaiah 65:22-24 Holy Bible, New Living Translation ®, copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers. All rights reserved.)
God promises to answer before we even call!  I had an experience of that yesterday.  Yesterday afternoon I discovered that someone had tried to defraud me, and the verses I had been given that morning from Psalms 37 came back to mind.  I had been promised that as I trusted in God, he would make my "innocence radiate like the dawn" and the justice of my cause "shine like the noonday sun".  He even gave me important advice - "Don't worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes."  And "Do not lose your temper—it only leads to harm."  (An important reminder as I deal with red tape!)   And He gave me the promise, "the wicked will be destroyed, but those who trust in the Lord will possess the land."  So, this morning I am praising Him!  

Father, I am SO grateful for Your loving guidance and caring support!  You are an amazing God!  You do INDEED answer prayers before we even know they need to be prayed!  Father, I am so grateful for these additional promises this morning - promises of your blessing on me and my children, and that I will be able to enjoy my "hard-won gains".  Father, you know how impatient I can get.  When I read those verses yesterday I couldn't imagine loosing my temper or why I might need that admonition.  I feel like Peter must have felt after the cock crowed.  You know how impatient I became with the red tape and how close I came to loosing my temper entirely.  Father, thank you for your words of admonition and comfort.  Thank you that I can trust you to handle things for me.  Thank you for giving me the strength I've needed to follow through with the things that needed to be done as a result of this matter and for your continued blessing and protection. Please set a watch on my lips and guard my heart as I seek to "let patience have her perfect work" (James 1:4) in my life.  Father, I remember those words from a few days ago:  
Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way. (James 1:2-4 from THE MESSAGE: The Bible in Contemporary Language © 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson. All rights reserved.)
At the time, I couldn't imagine seeing tests and challenges as a gift, but was open to increased understanding.  This morning, Father, I understand this concept much better! Without the tests and challenges I faced yesterday, I wouldn't have had the experience of seeing Your amazing protection and guidance BEFORE I called!  That has indeed been a major GIFT.  Father, I am SO grateful.  I just can't praise you enough.  Thank you, Father!  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *