About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Let There Be Light

This morning I read a story in Guideposts Magazine (Dec 2013) about the power of prayer.  Specifically, it was a story of how God provided light in one home while the surrounding homes remained without power.  It got me thinking about light and the way God lights our way in the darkness - and how when we are without God's light, we are truly "without power" no matter how powerful we may appear in terms of the way the world sees things.

And it takes me back to that first day of creation where God created light and separated it from the darkness (Genesis 1:1-5), and I remember that I blogged about it here.  As I re-read that blog, I am reminded to be patient with the fact that some days I don't seem to get as much accomplished as other days - despite working hard.  I am also reminded of the importance of being JOYFUL!

Father, this morning I once again praise you for your many blessings.  As I thank you for the many material blessings, I am reminded of the challenge we face there and ask that your will be done in this situation.  And I thank you for a quick and easy resolution if that be your will.  I think of the blessings of your guidance and thank you for that.  And most of all I thank you for the spiritual blessings - for my daily bread.  That you, as Lord of the Universe, would want to take the time to commune with me, fill me with joy and love, and gently guide me is a blessing I can hardly fathom - and I am so grateful!  I think how I would feel if a famous expert in the mundane world was willing to take the time to help me - and then I realize how much more famous and expert you are at everything.  Thank you for being that light for my path, Father.  May your will be done in my life this day as you continue to work in me both to will and to do of your good pleasure.  Thank you, Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *