About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Guide Me

This morning I hear a song running through my head.  "Guide me O thou great Jehovah".  This is what I want.  It is so easy to "lean unto mine own understanding" but I don't want to do that.  I want God's will to be done in my life.  So this morning I turn to these words from the Psalms:
"In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness. Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me. For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me." Psalms 31:1-3 KJV
I seek God's guidance, not because I deserve it, but because of who God is.  It is in His nature to care for me and guide me, despite the fact that I don't deserve it.  I want to be less willful and more open to His guidance.  I know He is indeed my rock and my fortress and I choose to trust His guidance so I will not need to be ashamed.  

Father, you know how challenging it is for me sometimes to even be willing to pause and seek your will - but I want to do it, Father!  I know my own way is not the best and I want to be led by you.  I feel so driven to complete this task that I believe you have set before me, but I do not want to focus on it to the exclusion of hearing any changes you might have for me today.  I recognize the open door you have placed before me and am grateful for it, but I also recognize the futility of laboring without your guidance.  So, Father, once again this morning I ask you to increase my desire for that which is mine to do today and decrease my interest in anything that is not your will.  Thank you, Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *