About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Monday, January 6, 2014

God Cares

This morning I've been doing a little "beating myself up" over the fact that I haven't posted on my blog as often as I had hoped to recently.  In fact, though I hate to admit it, I've found it too easy recently to make excuses about my own devotional time (I've got too much to do, etc.).   I KNOW the TRUTH that the busier I am, the more I need to take the time with God to have Him set my agenda for the day - but it's tempting some days to pretend I don't know that!

This was the way I approached God's throne this morning.  Not with the joyful praises to God for the many many blessings He has sent my way, but with castigation of myself.  I thought about this verse:
But the Lord said to her, "My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details! There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her." Luke 10:41,42 Holy Bible, New Living Translation ®, copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers. All rights reserved.
I KNEW I was being "a Martha" in the way I was handling life, and I was NOT happy with myself about it.  I went to my Bible software to re-read the story, and another verse caught my eye instead:
"Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you." 1 Peter 5:7  Holy Bible, New Living Translation ®, copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers. All rights reserved.
What an eye-opener that verse was for me today!  God doesn't want me beating myself up.  He simply wants to lift my burdens! He CARES about me!!!!  Yes, I know this.  I've read this verse and others like it plenty of times.  But today, it was like a direct message from God to me saying, "Please stop beating yourself up!  That is not my plan for you.  You are human and make mistakes and I understand that.  Now I need you to understand how much I love you and want to lift your burdens.  I want you to come to me and find rest for your soul!  That quiet time is my GIFT to you - not an obligation!"

As I write this, tears of gratitude flow.  God is so good to me!  He is such a caring Heavenly Father!  How sad to have started thinking of my time with God as an obligation instead of remembering what a great gift it is!  Father, Thank you for this gift!!! You have once again shown me that you take many steps toward me as I take one step toward you.  You clearly do indeed care about me and I am so grateful!  Thank you for lifting my burdens this day as I once again seek your will in my life.  May my thoughts, words, and actions be in alignment with your will, I pray.  Thank you, Father!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *