About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Monday, January 13, 2014

Amazement

Recently I've found myself so amazed at God's timing and the way He works things out in my life.  But I actually started beating myself up a bit for that!  I said things to myself like: "Of course He worked things out well. He promised to do so didn't He?  Why should I be amazed?  Doesn't that demonstrate a lack of faith?"  It's pretty crazy the way I can cause problems for myself even when things are going well!

As I was reading a Christian novel I came across the following couple of sentences: "I don't know why I'm always surprised when God puts people in the right places at the right time, but I always am.  I hope I never lose my amazement at God's plans." (from the book Cross Country by Jill Penrod)  These two sentences really jumped out at me.  The first was something I had been saying to myself - but in such a negative way!  The second sentence really helped change my perspective.  

"I hope I never lose my amazement at God's plans."  As I contemplated this sentence, I realized what the results would be if I DID lose my amazement.  That would mean I would be taking God and the way He cares for me for granted!  I NEVER want to do that!  God indeed does all things well (Mark 7:37) and I want to praise Him for it. I am so glad for the amazement I feel when I get a glimpse of His handiwork in my life. He even finds a way to help me put things in perspective when I start to beat myself up!  I am so grateful!

Father, thank you for your continued support and guidance, despite my foolish negative thoughts!  Thank you for setting me straight and for giving me Your peace once again.  Father, I once again seek your will in my life and ask that you continue to guide me in the way you see is best.  You are an amazing Heavenly Father and I am so grateful for your continued guidance.  You indeed keep everything running right and I am SO grateful! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *