About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Monday, April 1, 2013

Forget Not to Communicate!

I am grateful to have friends and family with whom I share this journey. One of them shared a part of their story with me today, and reminded me of some things I've written here pretty recently.  As they did so, I realized that I had already forgotten to implement that particular piece into my own life!  How shocking and humbling to see how quickly I can forget! I decided to look to see what the Bible had to say about forgetting and came across this verse: "But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased."  Hebrews 13:16.  

To do good and to communicate - this is indeed a sacrifice at times.  There may be things going on in my life that tempt me to focus on myself and to forget my priorities.  This is a good reminder. In this particular case, my forgetfulness started with my choosing not to blog yesterday.  Now sometimes, I am led to set the blogging aside for one reason or another, but that was not the case yesterday.  I simply had things to do and chose not to take the time to communicate. This led me down the slippery slope of putting my own will first - and led to some real discouragement this morning. 

Father, I am so grateful that someone DID offer the sacrifice of communication this morning! Their willingness to share has changed the course of my day and put me back on track.  Thank you, Father, for placing such people in my life and for using them to speak to me! I ask your blessing on them in a special way this day. I also ask that you guide my own thoughts and actions; may they be in accordance with your will.  And may I REMEMBER what you're teaching me and put it into practice!  Thank you, Father!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *