About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Just Do It

I had a situation arise recently where I had made a mistake and needed to apologize.  I prayed about it and thought through what I wanted to say, and then thought to address it.  But I wasn't sure if I should call at this time or that time or whether it would be better to e-mail it or what (the person was far enough away that a face to face was not possible in the near future).  I sat there praying for guidance and this verse came to me. "So if when you are offering your gift at the altar you there remember that your brother has any grievance against you, Leave your gift at the altar and go.  First make peace with your brother, and then come back and present your gift."  (Matt 5:23,24) What a direct answer!  I heard God saying to me, "Enough procrastinating - get to it!"  I did, and was glad I did so.

I've been thinking about this more and realize how often I allow uncertainty to keep me from acting.  While I believe it is very important to seek God's guidance in my life, I can too easily use confusion or uncertainty as an excuse to procrastinate or avoid doing something altogether.  This verse reminds me that even time spent with God is not more important than seeking out someone I've harmed and asking forgiveness - and taking action in other ways as well.  I'm learning to seek guidance, and move forward unless I truly sense God guiding me not to do so. Life is much easier as I do what I need to do rather than spending so much time thinking about it first!  I've also seen that when God impresses me to do something, I usually get no further guidance until I've done as I've been instructed.  So, for today, I choose to "just DO it".

That advice goes for these posts, too.  They've been taking me so much time that sometimes I just don't get them done.  I realize some of that is the way I've been going back over and over to try to ensure I'm saying everything just right.  I need to just DO it.  If I make mistakes in what I post - whether in content or spelling or whatever - God is big enough to handle it.  I'm not perfect, but I know He can use even my imperfections to His glory.  Thank you, God! 

Thank you, Father, for such direct guidance when I need it!  I am so grateful that I can leave my life in your hands and that you care enough to direct me through my day.  You are amazing, Father! Your love, your forgiveness, your compassion - I am so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *