About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Monday, March 11, 2013

Am I afraid of people?

Throughout my life I have had a tendency to be afraid of what others think of me and have wasted far too much of my time worrying about it.  Among other things, such fear has too often held me back from trying new things and from interacting freely in social situations. It has sometimes made me hold my tongue instead of sharing with other people about what is truly going on for me. And it has sometimes kept me silent about what God has done in my life and kept me from sharing the "good news" with others.

This morning as I was reading in Psalms chapter 3, verse 6 stood out to me: "I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people who have set themselves against me . . . "  Wow! Can I say that?  I know that God's love in me can cast out fear (1 John 4: 18).  Am I letting it do its job?  Certainly I'm not if I insist on being afraid of folks who haven't even set themselves against me!  I sometimes worry about dealing with even just one or two people - what about ten thousand?  It's long past time for me to completely let go of such fears!

Father, thank you for your love - for me, in me, through me.  Thank you for your peace - that passes all understanding. Thank you for your power - to make all things work together for good.  May I FULLY trust in you, and may I FULLY allow your love in me to COMPLETELY cast out fear.  May I be able to truly say with the psalmist, "I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people who have set themselves against me"!  Thank you, Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *