About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Sunday, March 10, 2013

How do You wash your hands?

I was reading in February's guideposts magazine this morning and came across this gem of an idea.  Christeena McHale says she timed herself saying the Lord's Prayer and found it took her exactly 15 seconds - which is how long guidelines say we should wash our hands to help avoid colds and flu.  So, she now prays this prayer every time she washes her hands.  She says it helps her to stay healthy both physically and spiritually.

I love this idea.  It's a great way of remembering to keep in contact with my Father throughout the day.  Since one of the things I'm wanting to increase in my life is an attitude of praise, I've thought I might also use the time to recite a psalm of thanksgiving.

Father, I'm so grateful that you are my Father and that you are in heaven!  I'm grateful that you live above all the pettiness and strife of this world and can help me to do the same. May I not take you for granted, and may your will be lived out here on earth - just as it is in heaven!  Thank you for my daily bread - both physical and spiritual. Thank you for your forgiveness and your power in me to forgive others.  I am so grateful for your power to deliver me from all that might harm me, and ask your help so that I allow that power to work in me this day - and every day. Thank you, Father, for making it so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *