About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Monday, September 16, 2013

Thank You!

Over and over again I keep coming back to the same verses and the same lessons:
  • "Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it" (Ps 127:1 KJV)
  • "See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut." (Rev 3:8)
  • "It is useless to get up early and stay up late, eating the food of exhausting labor - truly he gives sleep tot hose he loves." (Ps 127:2 ISV)
  • "Seven times each day I stop and should praises for the way you keep everything running right." (Ps 119:164)
  • "Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!" (Philippians 4:4 NKJV)
  • "It is good to give thanks to the Lord and to sing praise to your name, Most High; to proclaim your gracious love in the morning and your faithfulness at night," (Psalms 92:1-2  ISV)
  • "Never worry about anything. Instead, in every situation let your petitions be made known to God through prayers and requests, with thanksgiving. Then God’s peace, which goes far beyond anything we can imagine, will guard your hearts and minds in union with the Messiah Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7 ISV)
It is so easy for me to worry; to get caught up in the many details that I think I need to handle and forget Who is really in charge of things. I am so grateful for His patience with me!  I am so grateful for the reminders!  One of the reminders has been a re-visiting of the parable of the sower who cast the seed and some of it grew well and some of it didn't depending on the preparation of the soil.  Here is the explanation Jesus gave to His disciples concerning the story:
"Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.  Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.  They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.  And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.  But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience." (Luke 8:11-15 KJV)
It's too easy to let God's peace, joy, and guidance be snatched out of our experience! And when I find that happening in my own experience, it's too easy to start beating myself up for not having the right kind of soil.  But no matter how well-tilled a plot of ground is, weeds still have to be pulled on a regular basis if you are going to ensure a good crop.  There are lots of things that go into growing a good garden, preparing the soil, planting the seed, watering it, fertilizing, weeding, removing pests, etc. 

These verses that keep coming back to me are a part of that garden maintenance.  The help me keep the soil well tended, the weeds, pulled, the plants nurtured.  And yet, even in this, God is the Master Gardener. I am merely an apprentice!  I am so grateful for the way He reminds me when I start to forget!  Whether it's the word of a friend, a phrase from a song or Bible verse, an unusual experience that makes me stop and think - He has LOTS of ways to get my attention and keep me on task.  I am so grateful! 

Once again, Father, I stop and shout praises to you for the way you keep everything running right - in the universe, and in my own little corner of the world.  I am so grateful for your reminders and your promises.  I am so grateful that you yoke really IS easy and the burden you place upon me is light!  I am SO grateful for the new song in my heart and the joy you give.  And I am so grateful for the promise that the work you've begun in me you will see to completion!  Thank you, Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *