About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Praise God!

Today I was drawn to this verse from Psalms: 
"Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me!"  (Psalms 66:20 NIV)
I am SO imperfect in my walk with God.  Too many times I don't put Him first in my life. Too many times I forget to look to Him for my guidance and strength, and I take on myself those burdens which He intended to carry for me. Too many times I focus on myself instead of Him and those He puts in my path. Unfortunately, the list goes on and on.  Looking at such a list, it's easy to become discouraged and feel God can't possibly hear my prayers or care about answering them under such conditions! But verses like this one remind me that is just not true!  He is patiently waiting for me and loves me still.  I am SO grateful!

I think about my ups and downs in my relationship with my daughter, and they serve as such a powerful object lesson of God's love.  I can't imagine my daughter doing anything that could cause me to stop loving her!  There have been times when in her own path of rocky growth, she hasn't wanted to spend time with me or communicate with me, and times she's said and done things that have hurt me deeply.  That doesn't mean I'm not there for her or would withhold my love from her!  So how could I possibly think that God, whose love is so much deeper and wider than I can imagine, would do any less for me - His child? When she does hurtful things, I see how deeply she is hurting and I look for the day she'll make better choices because I know she'll be happier and this is what I long for her to experience.  How much more does my Heavenly Father understand me and wish this for me! 

I had the privilege this weekend of sharing deeply with a friend about spiritual things, and in the process of sharing some of my experiences with God, I was able to look back on my life and see how God has led.  Am I a perfect example of letting Him lead in my life? Certainly not.  But as I look back on my life, I can see such progress!  Certainly there are still times when I worry, for example, instead of fully trusting my loving heavenly Father, but I am nothing like I used to be in this regard!  By looking back on the miraculous way He has led me, I can see how much more trust has become a way of life for me.  I am SO grateful!  Remembering the fear and worry I used to carry, shows me how blessed I am in my walk with God today - despite my very imperfect journey along this path.

Father, I do indeed praise you for your love and care for me!  I am so grateful that you don't reject my prayer or withhold your love from me, no matter how rebellious I may be at times.  Thank you for your patience with me and your kind and gentle leading.  Thank you that your love extends to all, and that I know you have those I care about in your capable hands. You are such a patient and inspiring teacher! I am SO grateful that you don't give up on me when I seem to be such a slow learner some times!  Father, this morning, once again my prayer is that Your will be done, in earth as it is in heaven - including in my own heart and life.  Thank you that you hear and answer prayers.  May I be open enough to clearly see your will for me today, and may I be willing to let your will be done through me, I pray.  Thank you, Father! Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *