About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Saturday, May 11, 2013

A Baby?

This morning I awakened with a vivid dream that felt like it was in direct response to a prayer request for guidance. In my dream, I suddenly realized I was pregnant.  A few minutes later I had given birth to a baby girl.  I hadn't even realized I was pregnant until just before giving birth!  What was this dream all about?   I wasn't entirely sure.  Thinking about the baby, I looked for where the Bible talked about them.  I was reminded of a passage I had read earlier this week:
"A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world." (John 16:21 NIV)
The thought comes.  Where in my life am I in the process of giving birth to something?  Am I experiencing pain and fear as I seek to move into something new in my life?  This is a promise to me that the process will be worth it! 

As I think more on this, I realize that the challenge in the birth process that I'm experiencing right now is not pain, but fear.  And I remember that in my dream there was no pain either.  But I was afraid - not of the birth process itself, but of what people were going to say about me and my baby. Another verse comes to mind - this time from Jeremiah:
But the Lord said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the Lord.  (Jer 1:7,8 NIV)
It is SO hard to step forward into something new where I know whatever happens will be very visible to others.  But God counsels me to not be afraid of them and to do what He calls me to do without pleading inexperience.  Scary - but remember, I've been promised that it will be worth it!

Father, thank you for understanding my fears and gently reassuring me.  May I continue to step forward as you would have me do.  I am grateful for your gentle guidance as I yoke with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *