About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Thank You

As is probably evident in my inconsistent blogging, I find it difficult at times to blog about my day-to-day walk.  My "daily bread" though nourishing, doesn't always seem like "something to write home about" so to speak.  But then there are times like today where I just HAVE to publicly say "Thank You, God"!

I am very busy working on an ongoing project and today I had some real trouble with it.  In the course of my work, I need to be able to record to my computer, and all of a sudden the system that had been working fine for months wasn't working!  I could see the signal digitally but it was NOT being recorded!  I spent hours seeking the cause, and now understand the system much better than before, but it STILL wasn't working.  

My first inclination at times like this is to get very frustrated.  I had so much work to get done and was just wasting time!  These days, however, VERY closely following that first thought is a prayer - "Father, what is the purpose in this? You've promised that all things work together for good (Rom 8:28). Is there something I'm missing that you want me to hear?  Should I be focusing my attention elsewhere at the moment?  Your will be done, Father!"

Often under such circumstances, I'm re-directed - and I guess I was for a short bit of time - but this project kept calling to me.  I spent more time trying to sort things out - to no avail.  Then I once again took to formal prayer: "Father, if I'm missing something you're trying to tell me, please help me hear your voice!  And if it is within your will, please help me quickly to be able to get back to work doing this recording."  

On my next attempt things were working again!!!  Thank you, God!  

There are times where under such circumstances I'm able to see profound reasons why things happened the way they did.  I can't say that I see that today, but I trust my Heavenly Father.  I don't know if at some future point I will be called upon to help someone else with these sorts of issues, or what other reasons might be.  But for now, I'm able to get back to work, and I am grateful!

Father, thank you for the reminder that you are in control.  Thank you for taking control in my life and keeping that fact in my mind and heart.  Thank you for miracles and progress.  Father, I know you can manipulate time and I ask that if it be your will, I will be able to accomplish the rest of my work much more quickly than usual to make up for the missed productivity earlier today.  Regardless, I trust you Father, and am so grateful for your guidance and direction in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *