About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Seven times each day . . .

Once again I find myself just having to stop and "shout praises for the way" God keeps "everything running right." (Ps 119:164 - the Message Bible).  This weekend brought two very specific opportunities to see how God indeed keeps everything running right.

Opportunity Number 1

My life has gotten so busy!  I know I'm doing what God has asked of me, but I find myself challenged by the number of hours it takes to stay on top of things. I'm doing my best to remember that people come first and to be available to those who cross my path, but there are times when I feel a bit of stress about whether I'll be able to get everything done that I need to do.  At those times, all I can do is affirm my trust in God and His power to keep everything running right. 

This weekend was a case in point.  My schedule is so full right now that adding a bunch of family activities seemed so challenging!  And yet, it was the scheduled weekend for a "game night" and I had family coming for the weekend from out of town.  How was I going to get everything done????   Well, God had it all under control.  A friend needed to earn some money so I was able to help her and at the same time get some help myself by having her do some of the preparation for our house guest and for game night.

Then I wanted to spend time with my guest, but didn't know how I'd get everything done.  I went ahead and spent the time, trusting God to handle things.  Last night, after our guest had left, I discovered that some prep work had been done ahead that I had forgotten about, so I was closer to being ready than I had thought!  Thank you, God!  Spending time with our house guest also played a part in . .  . 

Opportunity Number 2

For some time I've been wanting to get some studio-style mirrors for our dance space, but they are SO expensive!  Last week we discovered that friends of ours were closing a dance studio and had some of these mirrors at a very good price.  Our house guest was able to help in physically getting them, as well as in helping us figure out how best to hang them.  If I had been stingy with my time, I wouldn't have felt good about having him help, but we had had some fun leisure time together and everything just seemed to work out great.  Thank you, God!  In addition, someone at game night had some spare time and was able to help with the mirror installation!

I hadn't even really been praying for the mirrors, but God knew we needed them in order to be the best dance instructors we could be, so He provided.  And the miracles went beyond finding mirrors at a good price and having help to move and install them. It was all managed without breaking any!

Father, I am so grateful for your gifts!  Thank you for continuing to show me how you can ensure that all things work together for good (Romans 8:28) when I continue to allow your love for others to flow through me and to put people first.  Thank you for the blessings of friends and family - and for unexpected mirrors! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *