About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Grassy Days

Days seem to just fly by.  And I discover it has once again been several days since I posted on my blog.  I think of the verse from Psalms 103:15-16:
"As for man, his days are like grass, he flourishes like a flower of the field; the wind blows over it and it is gone, and its place remembers it no more."  NIV
Sometimes my days do indeed seem like grass.  I work hard, get a lot done, but looking back I wonder what I've really accomplished.  Thinking of grass takes me to this passage from Isaiah:
"The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the Lord bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever. O Zion, that bringest good tidings, get thee up into the high mountain; O Jerusalem, that bringest good tidings, lift up thy voice with strength; lift it up, be not afraid; say unto the cities of Judah, Behold your God! Behold, the Lord God will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him. He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young." Isaiah 40:6-11  KJV
It could be easy to become discouraged and depressed by thinking about the seeming futility of human life, but God's promises lift me up.  God indeed feeds me and leads me like a shepherd.  I don't have to be able to see where we are going or know the purpose.  I don't even have to be able to see where I've been.  I can simply trust my Good Shepherd to take loving care of me - leading me in the right paths and directing my feet as He sees best. These verses remind me that it's my time to lift up my voice with strength and not be afraid.  

Today I return to a venue where I can experience a lot of fear, but I can indeed trust my Shepherd.  Father, I choose this day to lift up my voice with strength and not be afraid.  I know this is only possible if YOU do it in me!  I remember that when you ask me to do something you also give me the ability to do it, and I rely on that, Father.  I am so glad you are not one who takes delight in our failings, but instead, keep me from falling as has been said:
"Now to the one who is able to keep you from falling and to make you stand joyful and faultless in his glorious presence, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus the Messiah, our Lord, be glory, majesty, power, and authority before all time and for all eternity! Amen."  Jude 24-25  ISV
 Father, this morning I once ask for you to do for me as the Psalmist has said
"You make a broad place for my steps, so my feet won’t slip." Psalms 18:36  ISV
I remember that the "joy of the Lord" is my strength (Neh 8:10) and also remember that in your presence is fullness of joy (Ps 16:11). Father, please keep me in your presence always so that any fears may be fully eradicated and my heart be full of joy instead. May your will be done in my life, Father - this day and every day. Thank you!  Father, I seek your wisdom and guidance this day.  You know my concerns and the tasks that are before me.  As the song says, "Guide me O Thou great Jehovah".
"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation."   Isaiah 12:2KJV
Thank you, Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *