About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Who Also Will Do It

"Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it." 1 Thessalonians 5:24  KJV
Today this verse jumped out at me as a reminder.  It is so easy to fall into the trap of thinking I have to do everything myself and to feel overwhelmed with all I feel called to do!  But Jesus promised "my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Matt 11:30)  If I'm feeling heavily burdened, there's a strong chance I'm not submitting to that yoke very well.

So, in this busy season, I see how important it is for me to continue to seek God's will in my life and to be sure that what I'm doing is indeed within His will.  Then I need to relax and work WITH Him to accomplish that which has been given me to do.   

Father, thank you for your many promises to me. Please forgive me for those times when I have not submitted well to your guidance.  Once again I ask you to fulfill your promise of working in me both to WILL and to DO of your good pleasure (Phil 2:13). May I experience more fully this day the way the burdens are eased as I yoke with you!  Thank you for life and health and strength.  Thank you for your guidance - those gentle nudges when I start to move out of your will, as well as the unexpected insights.  Thank you for your protection, Father - physical, emotional and spiritual.  As I think of my family and friends today, I am so grateful for them, Father.  I ask your protection for them as well.  May they know the joy of living in your will, Father.  Thank you for your work in their behalf, just as you do for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *