About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Keep On

Keep asking, and it will be given to you. Keep searching, and you will find. Keep knocking, and the door will be opened for you. Because everyone who keeps asking will receive, and the person who keeps searching will find, and the person who keeps knocking will have the door opened." Matthew 7:7-8 ISV
It's been hard for me to accept the facts about myself sometimes, and this particular realization is no different.  Like it or not, I am not always as persistent as I could be - especially when it comes to "knocking on heaven's door".  But this verse this morning speaks to me the same way some other verses were speaking the other day (see post "Bless me, Father") and I recognize a repeated theme my Heavenly Father is bringing to my attention. 

It's important for me to be persistent about time spent with my Father.  If, when I come to Him in the morning, I do not immediately sense His presence or feel spiritually fed, I need to be persistent.  This is one case where acceptance is NOT the answer.  I need to increase my asking, searching, and knocking .  The promises are clear.  EVERYONE who keeps doing so will be rewarded.

Father, I thank you for your blessings to me each and every day.  Thank you for your love and guidance.  Father, as I go about my duties today, I ask once again for your guidance.  Please give me the energy I need to accomplish that which must be accomplished, and please give me the discernment to know what needs to be done, and to prioritise things.  Father, you know the challenges I've been having with my computer and the added time that it takes to do things like post a blog post because of it.  I ask that you make my next steps clear regarding this.  Father, thank you for the miracle I've just seen regarding this!  Truly, before we call, you DO answer!  I am grateful for this, another opportunity to see how you indeed give to us when we ask.  Father, you know the challenges I face today.  And you know my tendency toward willfulness about such things.  Father, I ask that you continue to work in me both to will and to do of your good pleasure.  Father, I don't know when the feelings of urgency I feel are from you and when they are my own willfulness, so I ask that all but your guidance be removed so I can clearly see my path for this day.  Thank you, Father!  Father, I know in the grand scheme of things it may seem a small matter to have the computer issues clear up so I can post this, but it feels big to me and I am grateful.  Thank you for this, another example of your love and eagerness to fulfill your promises.  I love you, Father!

1 comment:

Esther said...

This is a lesson I need to learn as well. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *