About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Plans

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11-12 Holy Bible, New Living Translation ®, copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers. All rights reserved.)
I am a "planner".  I like to know what I am doing in advance.  This often serves me very well.  For example, often when we travel, we see a lot more and don't waste our vacation time trying to figure out what to do, but can just do it!  There are other times, however when my planning doesn't work out so well.  Today is a case in point.

Early in the week I worked out plans with the teacher I am filling in for - plans for what we'd be teaching today.  Then yesterday afternoon she contacted me and changed those plans!  I had thought we were ready to teach today - suddenly we're not at all!  I understand her reasons and agree with them, but it's hard for me to have plans changed at the last minute like that - especially when it has to do with something where advanced preparation is needed and there's little time to do so! 

I actually found myself in tears last evening, as I just felt so overwhelmed with it all (and actually concerned that things might be a disaster because of my lack of time to prepare). But this morning I have to chuckle as God reminds me, "Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning"! (Psalm 30:5)  It is true, and I am so grateful.   I still don't know exactly what we're teaching yet, but I KNOW who is in charge, and I can relax and experience the exhilaration of letting go and enjoying the ride.  Thank you, Father!

Situations like this can be SO hard for me, but it takes me right back where I belong - to the arms of my Savior.  Only he can see me through things like this!  This morning I am grateful for the promise I quoted above.  I know this change in plans is for my good (and the good of those around me), and I am grateful.  I am also reminded that the "joy of the Lord is your strength" (Nehemiah 8:10).

Father, thank you for the joy that you put in me.  The words of a song come to mind, "He keeps me singing a happy song, he keeps me singing it all day long . . . " Thank you for this promise, too, Father!  I know that in you I live and move and have my being and that your way is the path of joy.  You remind me of another verse, Father, "You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore." (Psalms 16:11 NKJV)  Thank you, Father!  And you remind me of yet another verse, "For you shall go out with joy, And be led out with peace; The mountains and the hills Shall break forth into singing before you, And all the trees of the field shall clap their hands."  Isaiah 55:12 NKJV  Thank you, Father!!!! Thank you!  You bring me promise after promise this morning, and I am SO grateful.  Father, I DO trust you!  "Lord I believe, help thou mine unbelief"!  I know that you are working in me both to WILL and to DO of your good pleasure.  I am SO grateful, Father!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I know you are guiding my thoughts as I go out from here to sort out what we will be teaching today.  I know you will be guiding our words and actions as we teach today.  And I thank you for it!  You are an amazing God, and I can never praise you enough.  Thank you is so adequate to express the fullness of my feelings, but Father, you know my heart, and you know what you have put within it.  Thank you for your miracles on my behalf, Father!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *