About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Release

"And we believers also groan, even though we have the Holy Spirit within us as a foretaste of future glory, for we long for our bodies to be released from sin and suffering."  Romans 8:23 - Holy Bible, New Living Translation ®, copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers. All rights reserved.

Boy, I sure can relate to this verse.  I am SO grateful for God's work within me - for that still small voice of the Holy Spirit guiding me.  But I STILL long to be totally released from sin and suffering in my body! As Jesus told His disciples "In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." John 16:33 NKJV

Father, I am SO glad that you are greater than "he that is in the world" and that the victory has been won.  You have performed so many miracles in my life, and I am so grateful.  I DO still long for total healing in my body - both in terms of freedom from pain, and freedom from cravings for foods that do not serve me.  I believe you can heal me now, and I seek that healing, Father.  You have said that we "have not" because we "ask not", so I am asking this morning, Father.  I also ask for my "daily bread" - both physically and spiritually, Father, and I thank you for providing for me.  Father, you are so generous and loving and I am so grateful!  Thank you, Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *