About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

More on "the least of these"

A few days ago I commented on this passage from Matthew:
"Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." Matthew 25:40 KJV 
It's words have been burrowing deep into my consciousness and I'm coming to understand even more about those my Heavenly Father would have me serve.  In particular, I've been thinking more about this part of the story: 
". . . I was in prison, and you visited me.’ Matthew 25:36 ISV
While I don't know many people in prison in the physical sense, I DO know quite a few who live in a prison of one kind or another.  Some don't get out much because of physical limitations, some are shunned because of poor social skills or emotional health issues, some are locked in depression and are missing out on the beauty that surrounds them, and for some it's a matter of poor self-esteem.  Whatever the prison looks like, these too are people my Father would have me serve.  Do I visit with these people, or do I tend to ignore them when I can?  How do I respond to the fact that they're "in prison"? Do I do my best to bring the light of God's love and joy to brighten the corners of their prisons and give them hope?

Father, I know your love is for all of these.  May I be an open channel of that love.  As I think about these things and feel somewhat overwhelmed by the enormity of the call, I find myself being even more grateful to you. You don't let the enormity of the task overwhelm you, but instead are there loving each and every one of us as much as we will let you.  Father, I want to live with the same mindset that Jesus had - as we are admonished to do in Phil 2:5.  Thank you for your guidance and direction.  Thank you for continuing to work in me "both to will and to do" of your good pleasure! (Phil 2:13).  Thank you, Father!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *