About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Creation Day 6 Revisited

My question as I started my day this morning - what I specifically asked God about - was guidance for my next activities of the day. I felt a strong desire to get back into my office and work on cueing stuff, but was unsure whether this was my obsessive nature speaking or was really God's guidance.   

One of the reasons the question has been on my mind is that for the last several days I've had a bit of a sore throat, and I know I need to take care of my voice if I'm going to be able to continue to do the work I've been recently called to do, since it involves a lot of talking. According to my on-line research, part of taking care of my voice is simply letting it rest!  For the last several months, I've been spending a LOT of my time talking as a part of moving forward into my new endeavors - and there is much more of that that needs to be done.  My minor sore throat suggests to me that I may need to give that a rest and do other things, yet there is still SO much to do that I hesitate to just let it go. 

I was taken back to my 4th post about Creation Day #6, and its reminder that I was given dominion over the fish, birds, cattle, and creeping things - but not over the wild animals.  And the question struck me - how have I been doing with those things over which I am to exercise dominion?  The answer is simple. Not very well!  I have NOT been doing a good job dealing with the "creeping things" - those more mundane household matters.  They are not as exciting and fun as working on the new things - but the new things fall into the "wild animal" domain, which I was NOT given dominion over!  

Certainly I have a part to play as I allow God to lead me into the realm of the new, but it is not MY responsibility.  What God HAS given me responsibility for is the more mundane stuff - and I've been letting that slide in favor of the new.  It reminds me of the co-dependence that marked my early marriage.  My husband and I, without realizing it, tended to focus on each "helping" the other with their responsibilities and ignoring our own.  This gave us an excuse for not completing our own tasks properly - after all, we were too busy helping the other person.  It also meant that no one was taking ultimate responsibility to see that anything got done.  It appears to me that I've been playing the same game with God.  I've been feeling such responsibility to get in and prepare the new stuff, but I've been ignoring the other matters for which God has given me responsibility.

Thinking about this I turned again to my first post about Creation Day #6, so that I could look again at the significance of the different creatures created on day 6.  There in black and white was the understanding that I needed to be willing to focus more attention on domestic matters!  How quickly I forget!  But for today, the guidance is pretty clear.  I need to focus on those many small chores that are a part of my daily life before they become an almost overwhelming "swarm".  I need to tend to those things before going back to the "wild things" that I find so much more interesting.

Father, thank you for speaking to me in ways that I can understand; for making your will so clear to me, even when a part of me doesn't want to hear it!  Once again I ask that you work in me both to WILL and to DO of your good pleasure.  May your will be done this day, I pray. And I thank you and praise you for the way you keep everything running right.  Please give me the faith to move forward as you direct and to fully trust you to handle things as needed with regard to the "wild things" in my life.  Thank you, Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *