About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Friday, June 3, 2016

I CAN


This morning's lesson came through a coloring book I was given.  It's called "The Word in Color" and has some really nice pictures.  As I was paging through it, this verse really spoke to me.  It's a promise I've loved for a long time.  But I really needed the reminder today.  I have a lot on my plate right now and was so exhausted last night that I had started to stress about getting everything done before reminding myself that "He gives sleep to those He loves" (the last verse I journaled about - here).  So, last night I got a good night's sleep (thank you, God!) - even sleeping in a bit this morning!

And this morning, instead of stressing about my to do list, and jumping right in to do stuff instead of taking my usual time with God, I chose to color this picture and let the words seep deep into my soul. 


What a great promise!  He not only gives me strength, but He directs my paths (Prov 3:6), and can even make the sun stand still (Joshua 10) if necessary to allow me time to complete my tasks.  I can trust that I will have the energy I need, and I can trust His time management suggestions!

Father, I am so grateful to you for your strength and direction! I know that you are in charge, and I gratefully put my life in your capable hands.  May I do your will this day!  May those with whom I come in contact today, feel your love flowing through me.  I love you, Father!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For more information about how I used my colored page to create this Bible page, check my paper crafting blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *