About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Time to Dance!


Over the next several days, I'll be sharing from Ecclesiastes.  I started with THIS illustration:


As you can see, the illustration focuses on Eccl 3:4 (a time to dance), but I also particularly noticed the last half of verse 6.  The International Standard Version puts it this way: 
"a time to keep, and a time to discard"
I particularly noticed these two phrases because these are the things that currently are taking the bulk of my time:
  • Dancing (including cueing and teaching dance) and 
  • Going through my home and choosing which things to keep and which to discard.
Too often I worry about how I spend my time - am I focused on the right things?  Am I spending my time in the best way possible?  I can't get everything on my to-do list done immediately.  Am I prioritizing okay?  I hear God's voice telling me not to worry - to trust.  There is a time to dance, a time to keep, a time to discard - and this is my time to do so!

Father, thank you that you care enough about me to reassure me when I am tempted to worry about how I spend my time!  Thank you for the time to DANCE - and the time to keep and discard. Thank you for the love and joy you place within me!  

As I pray those words I find myself chuckling to myself.  While this is shaping up to be a great time to focus on some dance preparation, it is certainly NOT a time to actually dance as I had expected to do this weekend!  We had planned to go to a weekend dance event, but my husband's work changed our plans.  I COULD have been really upset about all of that, but I am STILL filled with joy!  Thank you, God!  

It reminds me of the day I caught myself as I said to a friend - "Isn't it a beautiful day?" One glance out the window showed it to be a gray and stormy day - but it was STILL a beautiful day for me because of what God had put in my heart.  We are told to rejoice ALWAYS and give thanks in ALL THINGS.  The more I understand the way God has me in the palm of His hand, the more I find myself doing exactly that.

Father, I am SOOO grateful for the way you keep everything running right!  You are such an amazing God and loving Father.  I am indeed grateful for this day you have given me and I will rejoice and be glad in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *