About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Reconciliation First!


Today's illustration comes from Matthew 5:23, 24 - 
Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift." (NIV)
This goes along with what I had noticed as I was reading the Lord's prayer in the NAS Bible.  Matthew 6:12 says "Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors."  Unlike the KJV from which I memorized this passage, the NAS clearly puts our forgiving others in the PAST tense.  Looking the passage up in several other versions makes it pretty clear that this is likely the more clear interpretation of that passage.  We forgive others FIRST - before asking God's forgiveness!  Before offering our gifts to God, we first reconcile with those who have something against us (note - not just those WE have something against!).

This concept offers lots of food for thought and was the catalyst for the picture on this page.  

Father, as I see how important forgiveness and reconciliation is to you, I seek your will in living this way in my own life.  As I've come to understand your love for me, it seems so much easier to ask your forgiveness than to ask forgiveness from someone who holds something against me - even if I DID do something wrong in relating to them, let alone in situations where I don't see how I can be at fault.  Father, please help me understand how to better live this concept in my life. I certainly don't want anything to stand in the way of your forgiveness of me, and I know that living this way is part of how I will "let my light shine" as mentioned yesterday.  Father, I ask that you give me both the understanding and the willingness to live your will in my life in this regard (and other things too!).  I am so grateful that you don't condemn me, Father.  I love you!
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image from a stamp I received in a papercrafting magazine & colored with watercolor pencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *