About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Sunday, May 22, 2016

God's Gift


Continuing my look at Ecclesiastes chapter 3, I found myself drawn to verses 12 & 13:
"I know that there is nothing better for them than to rejoice and to do good in one’s lifetime; moreover, that every man who eats and drinks sees good in all his labor—it is the gift of God." (New American Standard version)

Do I see good in all my labor?  How often do I complain about the things I have to do?  Do I truly recognize that what I've been given to do is God's GIFT to me?

The illustration that came to mind for me was that of birds building their nest.  One of the biggest blessings of rising early in the day is hearing the joyful songs of the birds as they praise God before going about their business of the day.  I think about the illustration Jesus gave regarding God's care for the sparrow - and how much more He cares for us.  I picture the birds building their nest with that song in their heart, and I know this is the way I want to meet the tasks in my day.  No matter what my tasks may be, I want to meet them with a joyful heart.

Which brings me to the verse that probably stood out to me the most:
"He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end." (Eccl 3:11 - NIV)
 

What does that MEAN?????  That phrase - "He has also set eternity in their heart" (NAS) just really stood out to me.  I knew it was important, but I didn't know what it meant!  After reading it from several different versions and going to Strong's Concordance for a better understanding of the words used, I felt I was beginning to get a glimmer of understanding - and it is SUCH a promise for me!  

I'm sure I'm only scratching the surface, but as I studied this passage it began to speak to me.  God has placed the time-line for all eternity IN MY HEART!  As long as I am open to His leading, I can TRUST that whatever I feel led to do in the moment is what I am SUPPOSED to be doing!  I truly don't have to worry about it, but can just do what is put in me to do and trust that I will be re-directed as needed!  I don't have to see the big picture - I couldn't understand it anyway.  I just need to trust and continue to take the next step I see to take.

Thank you, Father!  I am so grateful!  Truly Your yoke IS easy and Your burden IS light! And in Your presence IS fullness of joy!  What a lovely way to start a day, Father!  I can INDEED do all things through Christ when I am filled with such a sense of peace and joy!  You are an amazing God and Father, and I love you.  Thank you!  Thank you!

1 comment:

Esther said...

Good post. I've been seeing this, too, lately--the idea that with Jesus dwelling in me, I don't have to be concerned about anything--just live my life, knowing that He is leading and will redirect me if I get off track. In fact, I've experienced that very thing (His redirecting me) just this morning before reading your blog. Thank you for the reminder! It has helped me to see clearly what just happened. :)

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *