About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Friday, March 20, 2020

Instructions and Promises


Instructions and Promises!  

Please note my correction of this page in a later post - here!

As I was leafing through my journaling Bible, I came across the page on the right above.  I had already done the bread illustration and written some of the words on that page.  As I re-read Psalm 37 though, I found it was FULL of instructions and promises that seemed targeted for this very time we find ourselves in, as we face the uncertainties engendered by the covid-19 virus that is spreading across the planet.  Then as I searched my blog to see what materials I had used so I could repeat them on the facing page, I realized that this was a page I had never posted, even though the illustration was done in 2017!  It seemed clear to me that it was being saved "for such a time as this," and that it had been incomplete.  So, I completed it.

There are powerful promises here: 

  • being given the desires of your heart
  • having abundance in the face of famine
  • when you fall you will not be hurled headlong - God holds your hand
  • descendants not begging bread
  • strength in time of trouble
  • deliverance
  • salvation

But they come with clear direction too: 

  • trust in the Lord
  • do good
  • cultivate faithfulness
  • delight yourself in the Lord 
  • commit your way to the Lord
  • rest in the Lord
  • wait patiently for Him
  • do not fret it leads only to evildoing
  • be gracious and give
  • be a person of peace
  • take refuge in Him 
How well am I doing in following these directives in this time of uncertainty?

Father, thank you for such clear guidance!!! Thank you for your promises!!!  Please fill me with faith and trust in you, with your peace that passes all understanding.  Please remove any vestiges of selfishness from my life.  May I give freely as directed.  May I wait patiently for you and take refuge in you - no matter what comes my way.  Thank you, Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *