About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Sweet Sleep


In the time between my last Bible Journaling and now, there are so many verses I've come across that I want to journal about!  But today I just HAD to focus on Proverbs 3:24 and Psalms 4:8.  

There are many changes going on in my life right now and much that my human nature would have tended to worry about in the past.  But I'm both surprised and pleased to find that I'm wasting much less time in worry and putting much more time into trust.  God has promised to complete the work He started in me - and a big piece of this is teaching me to trust so I can live in peace instead of constant anxiety.  This week I got a chance to see just how much progress He has made in re-creating me!  

As I mentioned, there are many changes going on right now - that by human sight would be quite stress inducing.  One of these is the need to sell our home which we've loved and in which we've lived for 20 years.  This week, it just so happened that we had a broker's open house at the same time my husband had to be out of town for work - so preparing for it was all on my shoulders.  EXCEPT IT WASN'T!  God carried most of it for me!!!!  He has promised that His yoke is easy & His burden is light, and it is clear that when yoked with Him, He carries the greatest part of the load! The picture that comes to mind is that of carrying furniture downstairs with my husband. He always positions himself so that he carries the brunt of the load.  And this is what God has clearly done for me!

I realized how completely God was shouldering the burden when I awoke the morning of the broker's open.  I had slept soundly and felt calm and refreshed - despite the fact that it can be more difficult for me to sleep when my husband is away, and despite the fact that there was still a lot to accomplish before I felt ready to have my home on display.  As I realized with astonishment how well I had slept, these verses came to mind:

  • "When you lie down, you will not be afraid; When you lie down, your sleep will be sweet." Proverbs 3:24 (New American Standard version)
  • "In peace [and with a tranquil heart] I will both lie down and sleep, for you alone O Lord, make me dwell in safety and confident trust." Psalms 4:8 (Amplified version)
Heavenly Father, I am so grateful for all you are doing in my life!  You are a God of miracles and I've been seeing them so often with all the changes occurring in our lives right now!  These are miracles not only with the many details of our move in the mundane world, but also - and more importantly - miracles occurring in my heart and mind!  Thank you for the sweet sleep of peace!  I know faith is a gift from you (Eph 2:8), and I am so grateful for this gift in my life!  Thank you for continuing to work in my life to change me at depth into that new creature as you have promised (2 Cor 5:17)!  Thank you for the periodic glimpse into how far you have come in this re-creation!  Thank you for a good night's sleep, and for that peace that passes all understanding (Phil 4:7). May I walk in the path of your choosing today, hearing that voice behind me saying "This is the way" (Is 30:21) anytime I start to make a wrong turn.  Thank you, Father!

For information on how I created this page, check here.

1 comment:

Esther said...

So glad you've been able to do another post. I've missed them! And this one is such a good reminder. Thank you.

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *