About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Good Gifts


Looking at Romans 8:28 the last couple of days, took me to Matthew 7:11 today.  I guess it's really verses 9-11 where Jesus makes it clear that God gives GOOD gifts to his children.  Because this verse is just a very small portion of the very powerful "Sermon on the Mount" that Jesus gave, I knew there would be many more things I wanted to journal about on this page, so decided to just do a very simple piece for this verse, leaving room for others.  (In fact, I was so sure I'd want to illustrate a lot of chapters 5-7 of Matthew that I prepped all pages from Matthew 4:9 to Matthew 7:16 with Gesso so they'd be ready when I was!) You can't see it very well in the picture, but this entry is quite sparkly, with sparkles highlighting not only the gift, but also the words "GOD", "GOOD", and "LOVE", which I see as the focal points of this passage.


I'm so enjoying doing this sort of artistic illustration of the Bible texts!  Sometimes, I think that we as humans tend to think that if it's fun, it must be WRONG!  To me, this verse makes it clear that my Father God wants me to ENJOY life - especially my time with Him.  I'm reminded of several other verses that tell me something similar - "Oh taste and see that the Lord is GOOD" (Psalms 34:8), several verses that indicate that God wants me to rejoice before Him (Deut 26:11, Philippians 4:4 & several others) and several verses that talk about Jesus wanting our joy to be "full" (for example, John 15:11, John 16:24).

Father, I am SOOOO grateful that you are such a loving father!  I am SOOOO grateful that you give GOOD gifts!  Thank you for your love, for the creative spark you've put within me, and the fun we are having together as I explore this new type of experience with you.  I love you, Father!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Materials used: 
  • Gesso - Art Basics Clear Gesso - applied with Ranger mini-applicator
  • Blue - Distress ink applied with a water brush
  • Silver - Perfect Pearls applied with a water brush
  • Black -Stazon Ink & stamps (JustRite "Holiday Cheer Ornaments", Stampabilities mounted stamp)
  • Glitz - Wink of Stella (on package, the word "good" in the text, and the words "GOD", "GOOD", and "LOVE")

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *