About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

SWEET!!!


Today's journaling is based on Ezekiel 2:8-3:3:
"Now you, son of man, listen to what I am speaking to you; do not be rebellious like that rebellious house.  Open your mouth and eat what I am giving you. Then I looked, behold, a hand was extended to me, and lo, a scroll was in it.  When He spread it out before me, it was written on the front and back and written on it were lamentations, mournings, and woe.  Then He said to me, 'Son of man, eat what you find; eat this scroll, and go, speak to the house of Israel.'     So I opened my mouth, and He fed me this scroll.   And He said to me, 'Son of man, feed your stomach, and fill your body with this scroll which I am giving you.'  Then I ate it, and it was sweet as honey in my mouth."
As I was reading this passage, I was really struck by the fact that the scroll tasted SWEET, even though it was filled with lamentations, mournings and woe!  As I contemplated this idea, several texts came to mind in rapid succession (emphasis mine):
"TASTE and see that the Lord is GOOD" (Ps 34:8)
 "Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS"(Phil 4:4)
 "In EVERYTHING give thanks" (1 Thes 5:18)
I am still FAR too quick to want to avoid lamentations, mourning, and woe - and far too quick to complain to God when these cross my path.  I KNOW better!  I've seen time and again when He brings great good for me out of situations I thought I didn't want.  

Father, forgive me!  I KNOW that your path is the path of peace and joy!  I KNOW you can be trusted with my life - far better than I can on my own!  Forgive me for those times when I've been one of the rebellious ones that didn't want to eat what you were giving me if I saw they might include lamentations, mournings, and woe - or even if it just wasn't what I thought I wanted at the time!  Father, I want to do your will.  I want to walk the path that you've set for me, regardless of my comfort level.  Thank you for not giving up on me when I have grumbled and complained!  Father, please fill me with your joy and your peace that I may willingly digest whatever you give me and recognize it's sweetness!  I love you, Father!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To see how the bible journaling page was created, check my papercrafting blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *