About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Monday, August 8, 2016

An Open Door


I am SO grateful for the way God leads me!  This text from Revelation 3:8 has been a specific promise to me for some time regarding the career path into which God has lead me.  Too often along the way I have seen challenges ahead, or unexpected tasks being presented to me, and been afraid.  It feels like SOOOO much to take on, sometimes, and I can feel so inadequate at times! But God tells me that His strength is made perfect in my weakness! (2 Cor 12:9)  

Today God's promise to me, hidden in these verses about the church in Philadelphia, is that his miraculous power is up to any challenge He sets before me and I only need cling to Him and trust His leading.  God says to me, 
"I know your deeds.  See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut.  I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name." Rev 3:8-9, (NIV)
As I turned to some of my Bible study aids to better understand God's promise and direction to me, I heard His voice gently saying, "Cheryl, I see your labor.  Look, I have given you opportunities that you can't pass up; because you are open to a small amount of my miraculous power working through you and you heed my guidance and accept my authority."

Father, thank you for the opportunities you bring my way.  Thank you for your many promises.  I am so grateful that you've promised to complete the work that you've begun in me. (Phil 1:6)  I am so grateful for Your many promises of strength and guidance as I walk the path you've set before me. I see you doing things in and through me that I never before thought possible, or was afraid to wish for!  I am so grateful that I don't have to face these challenges alone, but can trust in your strength and guidance as I move forward. You are an amazing God and Father!  I love you!  Please keep my feet on the path you have set for me and don't let me wander away from it!  Thank you, Father!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bible page insert created from a page in the coloring book, "The Word in Color"  by Christian Art Publishers. 


2 comments:

Esther said...

I LOVE your illustration here. Beautiful! And I love the application of the verse that God has given you.

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Esther. Your comments always bring a smile to my face & a lift to my spirit. :)

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *