About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Speak Lord


As you may have noticed by the words on my Bible Cover, I want God to speak to me.  I want Him to guide and direct me in my life.  But as I was contemplating these words in I Samuel 3:9&10, I realized a very important concept that Eli taught young Samuel.  He was to say, "Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening." (NRSV)  

LISTENING!  Why is it so much easier for me to focus on what I want from God, instead of what He needs from me?  I want Him to speak, but how much focus do I put on LISTENING?  

This brings to mind the passage in John where Jesus said, "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me." (John 10:27, NRSV)  I note that this is the prelude to one of the promises I cling to.  As the Names of God version puts it: "My sheep respond to my voice, and I know who they are. They follow me, and I give them eternal life. They will never be lost, and no one will tear them away from me. My Father, who gave them to me, is greater than everyone else, and no one can tear them away from my Father." (John 10:27-29, NOG)

Father, I am so grateful that NO one can pluck me out of your hand - not even me by doing something stupid!  Father, I choose to LISTEN and RESPOND - to FOLLOW you however you lead.  Thank you for holding me in your hand and keeping ANYONE from snatching me away from you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *