About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Consider . . .


I've mentioned in previous posts my natural inclination to worry.  Today's passage is another that stands to remind me to let go of anxiety and trust God instead:
"That's why I'm telling you to stop worrying about your life - what you will eat or what you will drink - or about your body - what you will wear.  Life is more than food isn't it, and the body more than clothing?  Look at the birds in the sky.  They don't plant or harvest or gather food into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  You are more valuable than they are, aren't you?  Can any of you add a single hour to the length of your life by worrying?  And why do you worry about clothes?  Consider the lilies in the field and how they grow.  They don't work or spin yarn, but I tell you that not even Solomon in all of his splendor was clothed like one of them.  Now if that is the way God clothes the grass in the field, which is alive today and thrown into an oven tomorrow, won't he clothe you much better - you who have little faith?  So don't ever worry by saying, 'What are we going to dring?' or 'What are we going tow wear?' because it is unbelievers who are eager for all those things.  Surely your heavenly Father knows that you need all of them!  But first be concerned about God's kingdom and his righteousness, and all of these things will be provided for you as well.  Matthew 6:25-33 ISV
I am so grateful that I can indeed trust my heavenly Father to provide what I need.

Father, thank you so much for your loving care.  I look at the flowers and birds and see their incredible beauty and know that you are a creative God that loves beautiful things.  Obviously, not only can I trust you to provide clothing and furnishing that are comfortable and serviceable, but that are beautiful as well!  I look at the multitude of foods you provide and realize similarly, that you enjoy providing a variety of food that tastes good!  Thank you, Father.  As I "consider the lilies", I am so aware that you didn't have to provide the beauty and variety we see in the world around us.  You could have simply made things functional.  But I'm so grateful for the abundant variety you've created and love being able in small part to participate in your creative spirit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For information on the creation of this page, check out the post on my papercrafting blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *