About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Monday, April 25, 2016

ALL Things - even the small ones!


Yesterday I wrote a bit about my birthday text.  Today I did some more work on that same page, adding more concepts that I find relate to my special text.  Here is what the whole page looks like at this point:


As you can see, my focus today was on the GOOD in ALL things and GIVING THANKS in every situation.  Sometimes we tend to think God only speaks to us for the big decisions in our lives, but I've come to understand that he cares even about the minutia.  He says even the hairs on our heads are numbered! (Matthew 10:30, Luke 12:7)  I don't know about you, but I don't even care enough to count all the hairs on my head - it seems way too unimportant to bother with!  But that is just one example of how much God cares about us.  Nothing about us is too unimportant to Him!  And today He showed me that once again.

I had ordered a Bible that looked like it would be really nice for this sort of journaling, but it will take several weeks for me to get it and I was eager to get started with this new way of interacting with God.  So, I went through all my Bibles, looking for one that had a wide enough margin for this work - and I found a New American Standard "International Inductive Study Bible" that I've had for years.  That's the one I'm currently using, and I'm finding it works really well EXCEPT that I'd really like an attached ribbon marker to keep my place!  (This actually is something folks have mentioned is missing on the Bible I ordered as well.)  

Today as my husband and I were sharing devotional time, I happened to notice the ribbon marker in his Bible, and realized how easy it would be to add to mine.  So after we were finished, I immediately came to my office/craft room and started working on the project.  I decided while I was at it I might as well add several more ribbon markers while I was at it!

I found some lovely metallic ribbons and measured each one the length I wanted it - adding a couple of inches to allow for it to hang down into the spine of the Bible.  For each one I cut a pointed end at what would be the visible end, and just cut it straight across for the end that would be hidden in the spine.  I then used "Fray Check" (small bottle of liquid available at your fabric store) on the ends of each ribbon to help keep them from unraveling.  Next I held the ribbon out to see where it should connect to the spine & marked that spot.  I used my ATG with it's double-sided adhesive to add adhesive from the marked spot to the end of the ribbon (the part that would hang down inside the spine).  I then carefully opened the bible and pulled out the backing from the spine as much as possible so I could lower the adhesive backed end in next to the spine.  One at a time, when I got each were I wanted it, I closed the Bible and pressed against the spine to adhere the tape to the inside spine.  When all were in place, I took a needle with gold thread and carefully sewed the ribbons tightly to the spine at the top.  That's all it took!  Pretty quick and easy and ready to use.  Here are some pictures:
 Ribbons as sewn - before pulling into the Bible as bookmarks.

 Ribbons hanging out the end as they form the bookmarks.


Father, thank you that you care so much about me that even the little things matter!  I know I can only BEGIN to comprehend your love for me, but what I DO understand amazes me.  I am so grateful!  Thank you for being such a source of joy and inspiration.  And most of all, thank you for your amazing love!  I love you, Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *