About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Monday, September 19, 2016

A New Creature


Recently as I was lying awake talking to God in the early morning hours, I was feeling pretty discouraged.  I had been working to establish better eating habits, and had REALLY blown it the night before.  When I awoke I not only felt bloated, but felt like giving up completely.  Father God, why is it that it is SOOO easy for me to fall back into my old eating habits?  Father, you've promised you have the power to heal this in me.  What is wrong?

That still small voice came back to me saying, "Daughter, this is a new day.  Choose again." Two verses immediately came to mind (my paraphrase):
  • 2 Corinthians 5:17 - If anyone is in Christ, he is a NEW creature.
  •  Lamentations 3:22-23 - God's love and mercy is renewed for us every morning.
I know this is where I need to put my focus.  God is creating a NEW creation in me and His mercy is new every morning.  Yesterday is gone.  I may be disappointed in myself for actions taken yesterday, but rather than wallowing in my discouragement, I need to seek forgiveness and open once again to God's power in my life to make a new choice.

It's really very simple - though not always easy.  Make a new choice.  Choose THIS day whom I will serve. (Joshua 24:15).

Father, It's so hard for me to fathom your loving kindness, your mercy, your willingness to forgive!  I can get so frustrated with myself and so discouraged when I find myself doing things I do not want to do (like Paul talked about in Romans chapter 7). When I feel my own discouragement, it can be really hard to believe that you won't give up on me!  Thank you for your promises to me and for your unfailing love that renews EVERY morning!  Thank you that Jesus overcame the things of this world and that you are working IN ME to destroy the power that sin holds over me.  I see this sort of as a cancer, eating away at me causing things in my life that I DO NOT WANT.  I am so grateful that you as the Great Physician are performing the necessary surgery and any necessary accompanying treatment (chemo? radiation?) to totally remove that insidious contagion from my life!  Thank you for the promises you've given - that I am a NEW CREATURE in Christ and that your love and mercy are new every morning.  Father, once again this day I choose to serve YOU!!!  Please work in me to bring my will and actions into alignment with your will for me.  I love you, Father!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As usual, you can read more about how I created this page on my papercrafting blog here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *