About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Friday, July 29, 2016

It Is GOOD!


This morning, unlike the morning of my last post, I did NOT wake up with a song in my heart.  I woke up with concerns about a busy day ahead of me and a minor challenge facing me this weekend. However, I'm very grateful to say that did not last long.  Almost immediately the first verse of Psalm 92 came to mind, "It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord." (KJV)  

Too often I've thought of giving thanks as some sort of dutiful fulfillment of a social obligation.  I was taught always to give thanks when someone gave me a gift.  Whether I liked the gift or not was immaterial.  What was important was that I expressed gratitude and acknowledged that the person had thought enough about me to give me something.  I think sometimes I carried this sort of thinking into my expressions of gratitude to God.  

Now, there's certainly nothing wrong with expressing gratitude for a gift.  It's important to acknowledge the thoughtfulness of those around me!  But giving thanks to God is much more important - and not because God needs my thanks to feed His ego or something.  I NEED to be THANKFUL!  By making a conscious choice this morning to give thanks to God for the many blessings He has given, it transformed my attitude from one of worry and fretfulness, to one of joyful peace!!!!  What an amazing thing! It is indeed a GOOD THING TO GIVE THANKS! It is transformative and magical! 

Father, thank you so much for all you do!  I am continually amazed at the way the gifts I give you turn out to be even bigger gifts for me!  Giving thanks is such a great example of this.  I give thanks as a gift to you and get an even bigger gift in return!  The peace and joy you give is amazing and I am so grateful, Father!  That you can lift my burdens so easily is such a marvelous thing.  Thank you, Father!

For more on how I created this page, check my papercrafting blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *