About This Blog

The butterfly picture in the upper left corner is a symbol and reminder for me of the spiritual process. Sometimes I am the caterpillar - barely able to see far enough in front of me to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes I find myself in that dark place of the soul, and I remind myself that it is simply my cocoon. While all may seem dark, and I may feel like everything is totally disintegrating around me (and in me!) a miracle is at work in my life and I will soon be able to fly! I love those days where I experience the butterfly in my life! The ability to fly above all the mundane earthy matters and remember the truth and experience God's power in tangible ways in my life are wonderful times indeed that occur more and more often as I continue this journey! Thank you, God!

If you are so inclined, I invite you to journey with me as we seek the promised land together. While I hope to share some "faithbooking" (scrapbook pages or artistic journaling about my faith journey), much of the time the journey may well be seen in words, rather than pictures. I invite you to create your own pictures. How do these things play out in your life? I'd love to hear from you about your own spiritual journey!

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

I Will Joyfully Sing in the Morning


Today's page emerged from another experience of awakening feeling very grateful, with a song of praise in my heart.  I already had done a page about singing to God in the morning (one of my favorite pages), but I knew there were similar verses and went looking for another one.  I found it in Ps 59:16 - "But as for me, I shall joyfully sing of Thy lovingkindness in the morning, For Thou hast been my stronghold, And a refuge in the day of my distress." (NASB)

The saying I put in the upper right corner comes from a stamp that says "Music washes away from the Soul the dust of everyday life." And I am once again reminded of the importance of starting my day with joyful praise.  It is so easy to get caught up by the "dust of everyday life" and become distressed - forgetting that God is keeping everything running right (Ps 119:164, The Message Bible).  But joyful songs of praise and a focus on appreciation for God's lovingkindness can go a long way towards cleaning me from that "dust".

This morning, as I was singing those songs of praise, I was able share via e-mail with a kindred spirit about our spiritual walks with God, and it was a wonderful time of praise for both of us.  I LOVE when I get to do that!

Father, I am so grateful for all you are and all you do in my life!  Thank you for the opportunity to share with a kindred soul about your love and kindness to us!  Thank you for being my stronghold & refuge. Thank you for the way you ensure that ALL things work together for good.  Thank you for the way you keep everything running right and and the way you guide my steps - keeping my feet from slipping off the path.  I am so grateful.  I love you, Father!

----------------------------------------------------
As usual, the "how I did this" can be found on my paper crafting blog - here

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply a sharing of my "daily bread" - my daily walk with God. If something I've said has touched your heart, or sparked a new thought, I'd love to hear from you.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *